- Why are you speaking in the first place?
- What do you offer that no other speaker can provide?
- Who’s in your audience, specifically?
- How are you connected to these people?
- Do they care about what you have to say? Why?
- What do they expect from you?
- What must you say – (and not say!) – to fulfill those expectations?
- How can you keep things simple – and therefore memorable?
- How will you capture the audience’s attention – right upfront?
- What’s the best way to organize your material – so your audience never gets lost?
- What pictures can you paint in their minds?
- What stories (or other tidbits) will mesmerize them?
- What irrefutable evidence will help you make your point?
- How do you want your audience to feel after you speak?
- And perhaps more importantly, what do you want your audience to do next?
After all, if you want to develop a great speech, thinking is Job 1 – not dashing off a fast first draft, or dropping handfuls of bullet points into your desktop slide show program.
My approach to speechwriting is methodical and thoughtful to save you time and includes:
- A productive brainstorming interview with you (based on my 26 years of experience conducting hundreds of interviews – literally!) to dig out all the really good stuff inside your head
- A review of background information from you or your staff
- Creative research, relevant but fresh for your audience, industry and topic
- A detailed outline with a crystal-clear approach
- Two or more manuscript drafts for your review
- A final, formatted speech manuscript ready for you to rehearse, deliver and submit for publication or media attention
This process not only assures the focus of your speech is exactly right – but also eliminates unnecessary rework and review time. So you’ll get the precise speech you want to deliver – and your audience needs to hear.
When it’s time to rehearse, I can provide professional coaching (and handle all the finishing touches) so you’re practiced, confident, relaxed and ready for your big day.
Need a slide show, handouts or other presentation materials? That’s the last step we’ll take, once your solid message is prepped, and your manuscript is polished and ready to go.
Already have a speech that needs a good scrub and some professional sparkle? Yes – I can help you with that, too.
So if your last speech was merely ho-hum, and you want a speech with some real punch – (and who doesn’t?) – contact me today.
Or, learn more about my credentials, and then call me to discuss the possibilities and opportunities for your next engagement.
“Bravo! Another great presentation. Such clarity and enthusiasm. I love listening to you.”
– Carol Prewitt, professional training and coaching consultant and contractor
“I just finished my presentation, and it was probably about 100 times better received than the last one. So I just wanted to thank you for all the tips and everything. I certainly feel a WHOLE lot better coming out of this one than I did the last one.”
– Steve Rubenstein, Crayons to Classrooms
“Thank you for sharing your story – beautiful. You are so good at speaking. Just keep doing what you’re doing.”
– Suzanne R. Brock, MBA, REALscore LLC
“You are a master – your confidence and professionalism are balanced with your humor and approachability. A very entertaining and informative speech. Fantastic job!”
– Garlene Hamilton, CareSource
“You really helped us dig deep for the message that resonated with our key customers. You’re able to filter what I say – and then pinpoint exactly what I’m trying to convey.”
– Barbara Hayde, The Entrepreneurs Center
“I just read through this, and WOW, I love it. It has such personal meaning. You have done a wonderful job with this. Now … I just have to practice, practice, practice. Thank you, Teresa.”
– Jeanne Porter, Women in Business Networking
“What a positive note you struck in your speech … We are getting great responses from many who attended – who commented on your interesting research and your carefully crafted remarks – all delivered with your own delightful sense of humor!”
– Doris Ponitz
“It was evident from the very beginning of your speech that you are so gifted with words. It was so interesting!”
– Lil Robinette, Lifestyles in Life, LLC
“Thank you so much for giving your presentation to our group. You were quite a hit! Several of them told me it was the best program we’d had in our whole season!”
– Rebecca Forrest, creative writer
“Thank you for the wonderful facilitation of the 'Hot Topics' Koffee Talk ('Get Smart and Write it Right: Top 20 Writing Gaffes and Goofs'). You and your topic were a total success. You certainly have the ‘wow’ factor when you present!”
– Jeanne Porter, Women in Business Networking