Teresa Zumwald is breakout session speaker at MPI Ohio’s 2023 Navigate Conference
ENGLEWOOD, Ohio, Jan. 26, 2023 – “Take the Wheel: How to Find, Vet and Prepare Speakers and Panelists Who Will Elevate Your Event” is the program Teresa Zumwald will present at 8:30 a.m. Feb. 28 at MPI Ohio’s 2023 Navigate Conference at Sonesta Columbus Downtown.
Teresa Zumwald is the CEO, speechwriter and storyteller at Zumwald & Company, LLC.
The Ohio chapter of MPI, Meeting Professionals International, is dedicated to advancing the meeting profession by providing educational opportunities, networking and resources.
The Feb. 27–28 Navigate Conference was created for event professionals looking to learn and network with their peers.
Zumwald’s breakout session will cover how event professionals can “plan your work and work your plan” – with purpose! – to guarantee that the speakers and panels chosen are aligned 100 percent with the needs and wants of the audience.
Participants who attend Zumwald’s session will learn how to:
- “Start with Why” (in the words of Simon Sinek): What to do first before seeking any speakers or panelists
- Find your speakers: Discover avenues for choosing the right topics and speakers best suited for your audience
- Vet your speakers: Know the questions you must ask – and speakers must answer – before you sign on the dotted line
- Prep your speakers: Take these steps well ahead of your event to eliminate any surprises and disappointments on the big day
- Steer your panels: Prevent “robotic panels” and avoid blah-blah-blah with these tips for choosing the focus of your panel, assembling the right mix of panelists and then leading a coaching/rehearsal session
The Navigate Conference features two keynote sessions and 15 concurrent educational sessions.
The conference begins at 9 a.m. Feb. 27 and concludes at 1 p.m. Feb. 28.