Speaking & Training Portfolio: Featured Projects
"Take A.I.M. — A Better, Faster Way to Create Your Next Presentation," a 90-minute workshop delivered to leaders in nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies in Preble County, Ohio (2020):
- United Way of the Greater Dayton Area, Preble County
- Preble County Mental Health and Recovery Board
- Preble County Job and Family Services
- YWCA Dayton, Preble County location
- Miami Valley Community Action Partnership, Preble County
- Preble County Council on Aging
- Habitat for Humanity, Preble County
FEEDBACK FROM ATTENDEES: 100 percent of attendees "strongly agreed" with these statements:
- “I will be able to apply what I learned.”
- “The learning materials were useful.”
- “The presenter was knowledgeable.”
100 percent of attendees rated the presentation overall as "excellent."
"I learned a lot from listening to others present their (talks) and through the questions you asked."
SURVEY RESPONDENT WHO PARTICIPATED IN "TAKE A.I.M. — A BETTER, FASTER WAY TO CREATE YOUR NEXT PRESENTATION"
Preble County, Ohio
- "How to Write Proposals That Seal Deals," delivered at the first-ever Independent Speechwriters Summit presented by the Professional Speechwriters Association at Georgetown University, Washington, D.C. (2018)
- "Take A.I.M. — A Better, Faster Way to Create Your Next Presentation," delivered at the Internal Comms Pro Retreat: Refurbishing Your Work, Company & Story, sponsored by Cerkl (2018)
- "What to Say When You Have Too Much to Say," a presentation to Women in Business Networking (2017)
- "Write to Persuade Passive Candidates," a two-part program (lecture and writing workshop) delivered to the Greater Cincinnati Human Resources Association (2015)
- "How to Make Your Next Speech a Strategic Speech," delivered to Executive Dialogue Group 1, Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce (2015)
- "Win Them Over: How to Persuade and Influence People," delivered at the Leading Ladies Luncheon at the Dayton VA Medical Center (2015)
- "Keep It Sticky! How to Make Your Next Speech the Talk of the Town," delivered at a Women in Business Networking Lunch-N-Learn (2014)
- "Anatomy of a Blog Post," presented on Social Media Saturday for Women in Business Networking (2014)
- "Smart Leaders Ask Great Questions," delivered at the Sizzlin' Summer Seminar for HR Professionals at Edison Community College (2013)
“I was in your breakout session and wanted to share how life-changing it was for me. Thank you for pouring into all of us this week. I thought you might like to know that your content was put to work and had great results!”
Dwelling Moments Photography
- "Speechwriting, Speech Coaching and Executive Communications," a 25-minute breakout session at the HERStory Business Communication Expo hosted by IABC Greater Cincinnati in honor of Women's History Month (2021). Read the follow-up blog post.
- "Discipline is the Deciding Factor: How to Build the Muscle of Your Mind to Do More, Live More, Be More," a 90-minute presentation and workshop delivered at the Women in Business Networking Leadership Conference (2019). Read the reviews.
- "The Freelance Survivors: Secrets from Independent Speechwriters Who Have Made It This Far (Knock Wood)," delivered with co-presenter Janet Stovall at the World Conference of the Professional Speechwriters Association (2017)
- "Talk the Talk: Communication Secrets of Great Women Leaders Revealed," delivered at the Women in Business Networking Professional Development Conference (2010)
"I learned more about speechwriting in one hour from Teresa Zumwald than I did in college or have in my professional career. Thank you!"
Organization Solutions, LLC
"Thank you so much for inspiring, informing and inviting the Leading Ladies of the Dayton VA to reflect on influence. Your presentation was so warmly received and highly regarded!"
With respect and admiration,
Dayton VA Medical Center
"All I heard were raving reviews of the content, delivery and practical application of your program!"
Human resources executive
Webinars and Q&A interviews
- "Meeting Reset: What Associations Need to Know and Ask Now," a one-hour webinar with three industry experts from the Ohio Society of Association Executives; included developing a content outline for all presenters and an eight-page "key takeaways" handout for registered attendees (2021)
- "Hard Times Happy Hour: Independent Speechwriters Gather Online (The Portable PSA: A Webinar)," a 90-minute program with fellow panelists Dan Gerstein, Rosemary King and Cheril Clarke, with panel facilitator David Murray, for an industry niche discussion about how independent speechwriters can convert their speechwriting skills into in-demand leadership communication counsel in light of the coronavirus pandemic (2020)
- "Speaking from the Inside Out," a 30-minute Q&A interview with Kit Pang of BostonSpeaks delivered at the WomenSpeaks Virtual Summit (five days, 25 speakers) in recognition of Women's History Month (2020)
- "The Art of Corporate Speechwriting with Teresa Zumwald, Award-Winning Speechwriter, Coach and B2B Storyteller," on Chuck Chats, an internal communications blog interview hosted by Chuck Gose (2019)
- "Chuck Chats Executive Comms Expert Panel: Helping Leaders Communicate," an interactive webinar featuring Chuck Gose, Teresa Zumwald, Jason Anthoine and Priya Bates (2019)
- "How to Wrestle Down the Beast: Your Next Big Hairy Audacious Presentation," a live interview with Kit Pang of BostonSpeaks (2017)
- "How to Captivate Your Next Audience," a live interview with Elena Rahrig for her Transform Mastermind Team (2016)
"Thank you so much! I have already received several emails thanking us for the session and stating how glad they were to be able to participate. I am so pleased with how this went and am still psyched about it!"
MARTHA MATTSON, CTA
Ohio Society of Association Executives
Emcee, panel and roundtable facilitation
- Local host for "It's About Time," the 2021 IABC World Conference, a virtual event for business communicators, serving as “the voice of the attendee, local representation for each day and the connecting thread throughout the event”; discussed the conference live, reflected on past sessions and previewed what was ahead
- Moderator for six educational sessions for "It's About Time," the 2021 IABC World Conference, a virtual event for business communicators
- Panelist for "Independent Speechwriting: Breaking in, Staying in and Staying Happy," on how to market your services with imagination (and joy), at the first-ever Independent Speechwriters Summit presented by the Professional Speechwriters Association at Georgetown University, Washington, D.C. (2018)
- Emcee for "Together We Climb," the Women in Business Networking Leadership Conference (2017)
- Panel facilitator for "Defining Your Leadership Legacy: A Panel of Experts," with panelists Anita Emoff, Cassie Barlow, Shannon Isom and Nan Whaley, at the Women in Business Networking Leadership Conference (2017)
- Facilitator for "Creating and Communicating at Compelling Message: A New Twist on the Old 'Elevator Speech,'" at the Women in Business Networking Professional Development Conference (2015)
- Emcee for the Women of Distinction Awards presented by Girl Scouts of Western Ohio (2014)
- Panel facilitator for "What's in Her Bag," with panelists Cheryl McHenry, Diane Ewing, Judi Law, Patricia McDonald and Lilly Phillips, at the fundraiser for Clothes That Work sponsored by Women in Business Networking (2013)
"Fabulous job today. Professional and personal. Thanks so much."
Chair, Program Advisory Committee, 2021 IABC World Conference
"You are a master – your confidence and professionalism are balanced with your humor and approachability. A very entertaining and informative speech. Fantastic job!"
Learning and development leader
"Thank you for the wonderful facilitation … you and your topic were a total success. You certainly have the ‘wow’ factor when you present!"
JEANNE PORTER, FOUNDER
Women in Business Networking
“You did a masterful job helping us get to a strategy on Saturday. There was a lot to go through, but you pulled the right pieces together to facilitate the discussion. The outcome is right on target. You could feel the energy and passion. Thank you.”
PAT FREY, ABC
International Association of Business Communicators (Heritage Region Board, Greater Cincinnati Chapter Board)